PDA

View Full Version : What action to consider?

Cat 64
09-08-2014, 10:50 PM
I purchased a Bell & Carlson stock (blind magazine, 4.40 screw spacing) to use with my target action (single shot). My build includes the aforementioned SS action and a CBI bull barrel in SS as well. I have a laminated Savage FClass stock I originally had on this build. My plan is to use the target action with the laminated stock but make another build for the B&C stock. I would like this to be blued rather then SS and the action to be a repeater. I found a gunsmith who can cut the opening in the stock to accommodate the magazine however my question to you guys is what action would be a good fit for this? My dilemma resides with the fact I love everything about the target action (including the AccuTrigger) and I wonder what action in the blued version could replicate that? I would add to the build either a small shank or a large shank custom made blued barrel. What is available for me out there?

GaCop
09-09-2014, 07:26 AM
If you can find one, A short action Stevens 200, stagger feed or a Mod 10 stagger feed would work. Jim at Northland Shooter Supply (a site sponsor) can supply the barrel along with good barrel nuts and recoil lugs. If you go with a small shank action and barrel, there are many, many calibers to choose from. If you decide to go with a large shank barrel and action, your choices are much more limited to large magnum type cartridges and the short magnums.