PDA

View Full Version : 12FCV feeding issue from DBM

mammynun
09-08-2014, 01:02 PM
I have a 2010 Savage 12FCV in .223 that has developed a DBM issue. The nose of the second round ALWAYS point too far up when I try to chamber it when I load 4 rounds. If I load 3 or less I have no issues. Does anyone know where to start bending the mag to get it back "in spec?" I haven't shot the rifle in about a year or so (maybe two?), but the mag was stored empty, and it didn't have this issue before. I should have bought a new mag before I put it up; I thought they were expensive then... I guess I'll bet 4 now. ;)

Thanks!

eyeman
10-09-2014, 11:08 AM
I had the same issue and lucky I just changed bullets as I load my own. Went from a hollow point to a ballistic tip and my problem was solved without any work..I tried the hollow point again and same issue. So nothing but ballistic tips. you could try other tipped bullets and see if it solves your problem

SCAST65
06-12-2017, 01:00 PM
Yes, resurrecting an old thread, but exact same situation here.

12 FCV in .223 w/ 5 rounds in mag.

1, 3, 4, and 5 chamber just fine. #2 seems to end up with the rear of the cartridge above the bolt.

I have a couple 'Jerry-rig' type of work a round's,,

First involves placing my left hand over the action while I'm chambering #2.

Second is I nudge # 2 ahead about ~1/4 - 3/8~ inch, then retract bolt, then work the bolt ahead just like I do on 1, 3, 4 and 5.

Kind of a '&$%^$# fire drill' that only involves the 2nd round,,,,,,,, Is the only 'fix' to load 3 or less?