PDA

View Full Version : Savage action wrench...help

Bigeclipse
09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
All,
Curious if there are different types of action wrenchs for the savage out there and which one may be prefered? I have seen what I will call the typcail one you can find on midway and such...but there is a youtube video of a guy removing a barrel...his action wrench seems to have a cut out for the recoil lug but the ones I have found such as the one on midway does not. Wonder if he has a different kind I have not found or maybe its an older model or something. Any help would be appreciated!

craigsoutdoorsports
09-08-2014, 09:40 AM
I've seen action wrenches with the top block having a piece of steel that fits into the slot on the barrel nut. IIRC Brownells carries a top block for their barrel wrench that is made that way. I've also seen someone on Ebay who sells them as well.

foxx
09-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Mine has a slot cut for the recoil lug. It does not have a space cut for the little index button on the lug. I never paid attention to that before and it has never been a problem. I might grind away a little spot there myself. Don't remember where I got it from, but Jim's at Northland Shooters Supply is the least expensive that I know of and he does not do anything that isn't FIRST Class. I would go with his with utmost confidence.

Steelhead
09-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Mine is from NSS and has a lug cutout and uses one of the action screws, it works very well!

Spectre236
09-08-2014, 03:11 PM
+3 for NSS action wrench - It is top quality along with the barrel nut wrench and Jim is a pleasure to deal with and shipping is quick.

scooterf79
09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
+4 for the NSS wrench. Top quality and Jim is great to deal with
Scooter

Bigeclipse
09-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Called Jim at NSS and he was definitely a pleasure to work with. Thanks everyone!