PDA

View Full Version : Installing a new .250 recoil lug...anything I should look out for?

CAPTBEACH
09-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Installing the new PTG .250 SS recoil lug soon...tag on it said GUNSMITH INSTALL only and mentioned shaving the recoil lugs a tad and proper head spacing...I am assuming this was for Remington 700 end users as they do not us a barrel nut...in my mind its a simple job, screw it down and head space as usual...am I missing anything here?

BillPa
09-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Installing the new PTG .250 SS recoil lug soon...tag on it said GUNSMITH INSTALL only and mentioned shaving the recoil lugs a tad and proper head spacing

I am assuming this was for Remington 700 end users as they do not us a barrel nut...in my mind its a simple job, screw it down and head space as usual...am I missing anything here?

Nope.

The only thing to check is its length so it doesn't bottom out in the stock, probably what they meant by shaving. If you bedded the sides of an old lug you might want to check the side fit too.

Other than that you're good to go.

Bill

bsekf
09-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Ditto, BillPa. The new lug is a different size, so if the stock was previously bedded you will need to shave and re-bed for the new lug.