PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Viper on the FEDEX truck for delivery! Question on Rings?

Pages : 1 [2]

eddiesindian
09-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I like either and or.
As long as its rock solid and 100% stable 100% of the time?...
I tossed out rds out to 1K with my HS without the 20moa base with elev. turret run all the way up for a yr. I found an accurate load pushing 150,s @ high 2800,s. Its the only way I could get out that far.
I believe you could probably get out to 800 easily with no 20 moa base or rings.
For the life of me?....I dont know why i waited so long to bolt up a 20moa base on my HS.
either way?.....ya done good!
Have at it!......good luck!.....proceed with caution though. If you start hitting at 1K, then it becomes an addiction...it never ends!...olololo

cowtownup
09-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Great videos... I really think you will enjoy the Burris Rings...

millertime2
09-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Same scope, same rifle. Burris xtr lows with a 20 moa base works great

DzNutz
09-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Thank you all very much for all the advise on the Burris Z rings on my Savages. They worked great on both with my standard flat non-MOA bases. Both setups put the objective bell closer to the barrel and allowed for increase in elevation and some adjustment for left/right cant.

For the older "Flatback" 110 with the BSA Tactical 6-24x44mm, it allowed me to correct the left/right cant that is pretty common with the older models with the factory drill/tap screws being misaligned (mine was pretty severe and I would run out of left/right windage during zeroing). The ring placement and the offset inserts definitely made it a more long-range setup. The elevation turret is nearly bottomed out at 100yard zero.

For the 10FCPK with the Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50mm, I did not get as much elevation (increased MOA) as I did on the 110 but I did get plenty and was also able to use the inserts to adjust for some left/right cant (not as severe as the older 110 but still a little). For elevation I am not bottomed out at 100 yard Zero but close enough for government work. 15 MOA left down, so out of 65 total I still have 50 up for long range shots. That should do just fine for 1000 yards with this setup. Now just anxious to get out that far with them both.

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/1822/yX44YX.jpg

Tank you all again very much!

cowtownup
09-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Awesome... Sounds like you really got a lot of benefit from those rings.. Keep us posted on how the continue to perform.

DzNutz
09-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Awesome... Sounds like you really got a lot of benefit from those rings.. Keep us posted on how the continue to perform.
Thanks Again.