PDA

View Full Version : reducing the pull of the accutrigger

lordarpad
09-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Hi guys

are there ways one can (safely!) reduce the pull of an accutrigger below 1.5 lb? Or can one order the one that is fitted in a model 12 and replace the regular one with it?

Thanks!

Texas Solo
09-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Model 12's have a trigger that should come close to that 1.5 lb mark. It's called the "varmint" trigger I believe.
The "target" trigger, with the red blade, will easily go below your 1.5# goal, but I don't think Savage will sell you one.

Best thing to do is to order a Rifle Basix Sav1 or Sav2 trigger and install it yourself. My Sav2 is set at 13oz, and will go higher or lower.

foxx
09-04-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't think RB Sav-1 will go below 1.5 pounds. The "regular" Accutrigger does not, either. You can try a different (target) spring from Sharp Shooter Supply or Gun Shack or Northland Shooters. I ground both sides of the trigger face down to about 2/3 is original size. That reduced the pull to about 12 ounces or so. I liked the fact it still had the safety blade, but it was not as nice as the SSS Competition Trigger I've installed on other rifles.

jpdown
09-05-2014, 09:46 AM
I would pick up a Varmint or Target Accutrigger spring for $3-$5 first. The Gun Shack and other site vendors carry them. That will safely get you down to around 1.5 lb and sometimes less depending on your action.

lordarpad
09-12-2014, 03:54 AM
that solves it - thanks :)