PDA

View Full Version : Best bolt action lube ?

Wooky
08-31-2014, 05:10 AM
Wondering what is the best lube for the bolt on my Stevend 200 ?

What are the pros and cons of each ?

1. Molly spray lube
2. Liquid ball bearings synthetic oil
3. Gunslick ultra lube

Any other highly recommended lube ?
Thanks

GaCop
08-31-2014, 07:02 AM
I've been using TW25 for a few years now on my bolt rifles and AR's. It's been used by the military for some time now. I like the grease better than oils, stays where you put it. I've tried the Teflon oil but don't particularly care for it as it seems to dissipate too fast. One oil that does seem to work well is the CLP made for auto weapons. It is thicker and adheres to a bolt carrier much better than standard oils.

BillPa
08-31-2014, 08:44 AM
Wondering what is the best lube for the bolt on my Stevend 200 ?

Any other highly recommended lube ?
Thanks

If you asking about the lugs, cocking ramp and primary extraction cam, those high firction areas, most any commercial bolt or white lithium grease applied sparingly is good. I have a tube of Shooters Choice in my cleaning box, a tube of TM in the gun-reloading room and lithium on the work bench. I don't have a preference which I use.

Before applying any grease those parts they should be cleaned otherwise your just mixing any crud with the grease. Its a good way to gall the lug and abutments.

For the rest of the parts, interior of the bolt bodies, firing pins and etc I use Break-Free.

Bill

HoytFlinger
09-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I use Lucas Oil Red n Tacky. $5 at Autozone and will last you a lifetime and your kids' lifetimes.

mikgarus
09-02-2014, 12:02 PM
I use either APG Formula 24 or CorrosionX in all my guns. Whether semi-autos, bolt actions or pistols.

CAPTBEACH
09-02-2014, 12:06 PM
I use Lucas Oil Red n Tacky. $5 at Autozone and will last you a lifetime and your kids' lifetimes.
Lucas RED ROCKS...I use it on AR, Glocks and everything in between..