PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Tarheelpwr
08-30-2014, 03:06 PM
I have a 7mm RUM action I'll be building a 338 edge on. The action is stagger feed. If I cut the box off the action, can I use centerfeed DBM?

Also, can I use a factory stock from a 110FCP Lapua for this build? Will the DBM be long enough, or is that just a waste?

Chris

sharpshooter
08-30-2014, 08:17 PM
No.....the stagger feed magazine is longer than a magnum center feed dbm.

Tarheelpwr
08-30-2014, 08:20 PM
No.....the stagger feed magazine is longer than a magnum center feed dbm.

Wow, didn't realize the SF box was longer than the 338 Lapua DBM.

sharpshooter
08-31-2014, 12:28 AM
The 338 Lapua magazine is not considered a "centerfeed" magazine compared to the other standard Savage magazines. That particular magazine is a "specialty magazine" made by an aftermarket manufacture. I thought you were talking about a standard Savage centerfeed magazine, which only come in the standard length for the long actions.
You could use the Lapua magazine and that stock, providing it comes with the hardware for the mag. You will still have to do a little mill work at the rear of the mag opening.

big honkin jeep
08-31-2014, 01:00 AM
And you dont have to cut the blind box off and ruin it either. just put a large screwdriver where the mag tab fits under the lip cut into the action at an angle and give it a good bump with your palm. The mag box will pop right out with no damage.

Tarheelpwr
08-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Had one other question. I have a stockade gun stock set up for a side release CF blind. I'm looking at an action with bottom bolt release. Can I use the stock? Other than buying a new trigger guard, what else needs done? Any inletting for trigger guard? Any issues with doing this?

Chris