PDA

View Full Version : NEWBE question on the Savage FCP10 Choate stock.

toppert
08-30-2014, 02:07 PM
I purchased a "NEW" Savage FCP 10 .308 on the Choate Stock. This was/is one of the rifles that Cabala's was selling "back-then" for $ 699.99! This rifle had been up on Gunbroker and I snagged it for $ 800.00 which given todays prices was a VERY sound purchase.

The rifle is NEW. Never was fired, still had the Cabala's tag on it!!!!.
My question concerns the bottom rail on the Choate stock. I have the bipod adapter that slides in the rail BUT.......when I tried to mount my Harris Bipod, its VERY unstable. Anyone have an answer as to what is the correct way to mount a Harris on this stock?

Many thanks and Hello from the beautiful SouthCoast of Massachusetts.

Steelhead
08-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Unstable?
As in shifts or wobbles?
My Harris is rock solid on my Choate tactical.

Texas Solo
08-30-2014, 05:59 PM
I had a similar problem when mounting my Sinclair F-Class bipod. The problem was that the stud part of the adapter was too long, and the bipod would not tighten up far enough.
Simple solution was to add some Velcro (or whatever) to the bipod so it would draw up tighter. Problem solved...been that way for 2 years.

toppert
09-01-2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks, I was wondering if there was a 'base' that would help. Yes, the bipod "wobbles" slightly as it currently is. I'll do the Velcro idea........good simple solution. Thanks.

LoneWolf
09-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Yep, I had this issue with another stock. I used and old mouse pad and layered it up, so that it compressed and made it very snug to the stock.

toppert
09-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks "WOLF"..........great idea. It snugs up but NOT without some "play" side to side, and an old moose :) pad would do just fine. I'll try this if the Velcro doesn't do the trick. Fantastic rifle, just need to 'steady' it more.

D.ID
09-01-2014, 11:56 PM
I am going out on a limb.......I bet you have the tall bipod boss with a knob on it, the one usually included with the varmint or sniper model? If so: I have fount the better solution is to call choate or tactical works and order the short bipod boss that is usually supplied with the tactical stock, it will lock any harris bipod rock solid on any choate stock using the normal tightening method of the bipod.