PDA

View Full Version : Just what is the difference..........

Hutch
04-07-2010, 03:13 PM
between the mdl 10,11,12,16 recievers??? I ain't talkin about stainless or blued , but the measurement differences, if any???

Thanks

Hutch (feelin kinda dim)

BrentWin
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
basically nothing given that they are all from the same era. All 16 are SS, some 12 are SS. When the accutrigger came out, the 10 and 12 were fitted with a lighter accutrigger.

pdog06
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
nothing in measurement differences and the lighter spring on the trigger on the varmint models as mentioned above, and that is it other than finish. Of course the 16 is stainless, the 12 comes in stainless and blued, and the 10,11,and 14 are all blued. The bluing on each different model varies from matte to high gloss.

The stevens action is the same as a model 11, with the exception of not having an accutrigger(and being cheaper costwise).

Hutch
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks fellas, that's perrty well what I was thinkin.....thanks again

Hutch

Hutch
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM
now where does the target actions fall into this. I understand they have a three screw setup, but, what about the lrpv dbm??

Hutch

pdog06
04-07-2010, 07:56 PM
They are a whole seperate animal. Size and dimensions are the same though. They do have a completely different trigger setup though, including a different sear than the rest. They are also large shank.

fyi, the target actions(and the lrpv dbm) front and rear action screw spacing is the same as a centerfeed short action(4.400"), so the stocks will interchange. You either just dont use the middle screw, or install a third pillar.

Hutch
04-08-2010, 12:24 PM
so....what's the difference between the 12 and a lrpv dbm other than cost?? The lrpv dbm cain't have a middle screw, can it???

Reason for all the dumb questions is I'm gonna be buildin me a rifle here shortly.

Now on the LRPV models the top of the reciever ain't cut over so far is it????

Hutch

BrentWin
04-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Hutch,

What do you have in mind for the build, ie, varmint rifle, target, hunting. With more info we might be able to help more.

Hutch
04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
oh i'm just tinkerin with various ideas that's all.....you know gotta stay on top of what's what, that way i don't spend more than what's needed. It's would be just like me to buy a target action when a stevens would do the job ::) you no what i mean Vern???

Hutch