PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Hunter XP mag release issue

danielhuber
08-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Hey Folks,

So my issue is (patience please I have tried several times since yesterday to rectify on my own, with manual)...Bought a new Savage Trophy Hunter International XP yesterday.
Spent some time shopping around and for my uses and such it seems like a solid rifle.

Anyways, got home unboxed and set up as much as I could. As I went to eject Mag to safety lock and store. I cannot get the Mag free.
Now I have fired other rifles and used other mag clips on said rifles. As well as experience dealing with handguns and mag releases.

I dont know if I am missing something obvious (followed procedure outlined in owners manual to no avail) as it seems wayyyy to stiff a release to be a natural function.

Any help would be appreciated or a FAQ you could forward me too. I have tried to google this problem but funny enough next to no info.

Thanks in advance for your help

the Chef

sharpshooter
08-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Have you tried pulling back on the mag latch and pushing down on the mag from the top?

danielhuber
08-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Yup, everything you can think of except forcing in such a fashion that might cause major issue.
I have never seen anything like this.
My fault for not checking that one thing in Cabela's during the purchase

jonbearman
09-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Take the bottom metal off and if it doesn't come out then ,send it back to savage after you call and talk to the manager of the techs who fix them. If it comes out see what is going on with the mag button.