PDA

View Full Version : Accustock vs B&C medalist classic

Bigeclipse
08-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Hey guys...I was contemplating buying my wife a 308 rifle to replace her current 243. I am not sure if I should get her a savage weather warrior with accustock or simply get her a cheaper savage 10,11,12 in 308 on gun broker then replace whatever crappy stock it comes with for a B&C medalist classic. My remington mountain SS has a B&C aluminum bedded stock which I believe is the medalist classic (Not positive though). It is not great like a mcmillan but its not bad either. I like it at least haha. So I am wondering if I should spend ~700 on a weather warrior or...get a new blued savage trophy hunter on gun broker for about 350-400 and put the 250 B&C stock on it? Scope does not matter to me that comes with trophy hunter (probably replace it anyways unless they are good) and either does stainless steel on weather warrior. Basically it comes down to which stock do you all think is better?

FW Conch
08-29-2014, 01:53 PM
I prefer to have the B&C . But another thing that could help your decision is, does the Accustock fit your wife? Going to the local gun shop and shouldering the rifle can help with the decision. :-))

Bigeclipse
08-29-2014, 02:01 PM
I prefer to have the B&C . But another thing that could help your decision is, does the Accustock fit your wife? Going to the local gun shop and shouldering the rifle can help with the decision. :-))

My local gun shop sucks. He carries mainly remington and will order savages so trying them is out of the question. He does carry savage just not every model and I have yet to hold an accustock version. but thanks for the comment :)

mudfish
08-29-2014, 03:51 PM
The B&C Medalist for Savage is a big bulky stock, very nice for bench work, may be too big for your wife especially if it's for field work. Then again, you're only considering the heavy barrelled models so it may not matter.

Bigeclipse
08-29-2014, 04:03 PM
The B&C Medalist for Savage is a big bulky stock, very nice for bench work, may be too big for your wife especially if it's for field work. Then again, you're only considering the heavy barrelled models so it may not matter.

Are you sure you are thinking of the right stock...im talking the medallist CLASSIC...which is different from their other medalist stock which is the m40 tactical which is definitely heavier and bigger.
maybe im wrong but the medalist classic is supposed to be for sporter rifles only... and I actually dont want a heavy barrel

jonbearman
09-02-2014, 06:23 AM
The medalist should be fine and if you can afford it the stainless has its merits from rusting aspect.Do you have a box store like scheels or dicks or cabelas or bass pro hear you as they have similar store models in stainless where they drop the price as they usually delete the accustock to be able to sell them at cut rate prices. Or get a clean used model 16 off of gunbroker or something like them and restock it.It is almost impossible for the average guy to wear out a .308 as barrel life is really good.