PDA

View Full Version : SW PA rebarrel help

medic08
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Is there anyone in SW PA that can help me swap barrels on my Stevens 200? I plan to buy the tools but need to find the funds. Let me know please.

Larry

pdog06
04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
In the off-topic section there is a "where do you live" poll at the top. You could thmb thru there and see if you can find anyone closeby if nobody responds here. You could also come to the Pa Shootout in Mainville in June and we can swap it right on the bench. And of course we'd have to field test it for you too...LOL

There are some guys from out there, so hopefully they will chime in.

Might help if you tell us what you plan to do, as in what barrel it is now and what you plan on going to. That way someone might have the headspace gauges and stuff to do it also.

I'm from se Pa(near Lancaster) or Id be glad to help ya out.

Jedjr
04-07-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not an expert but do have the tools. I'm in Ellwood City. Let's hear what you have in mind.

edit: I'm usually on here a couple hours in the evening so ......... I'll get back to you whenever I see your post.

Armed in Utah
04-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Just a suggestion....soak the barrel nut in Kroil or similar oil...

Then heat the nut up with a hair dryer before you try to remove...

Just took apart a Stevens 200 & it was one tight mamma.......

medic08
04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
The plan goes like this. I am gettin a Stevens .223 from a buddy of mine for a song. So I have a heavy .223 barrel to swap onto it. I also have a boyds stock that I plan to make fit it. I'm going to have to plug one hole and redrill it to make it fit. So far that is it. Once I have some extra cash I plan to do a .204 barrel also. Jedjr I may take you up on the offer. It would be a straight shot up 79 for me. I'll let you know once I get the stock fit.

Jedjr
04-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Sounds good. I have a .223 headspace guage somewhere. I'll round it up. Just give me a shout whenever you're ready. If you want I can PM you my phone number.

bythebook
04-08-2010, 06:59 PM
I am also not an expert but i have the tools and I am in Bedford Co. If that is closer to you I would be glad to help you. Just let me know.

Gordon

pdog06
04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Gotta just love whats going on here dont ya... Glad you found some guys close to ya.... You still need to come to the shootout though.

medic08
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
The shootout sounds like a good time. I am getting married in July though so time may be hard to come by then. lol I'll see what I can do though.

pdog06
04-08-2010, 09:28 PM
The shoot is June 12th, so that'll give us plenty of time to talk you out of marriage...LOL

Just kidding. It is June 12th though, and we'd love for you to come. If you decide to just let us know in the shootout thread.