PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with the Pentax Gameseeker Scopes

powderburn
04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
New guy here. Just received my new 4x12x40 Gameseeker from Camera Land and mounted it up on my .223 Stevens 200. It seems like a pretty nice scope for my needs ( light field use on pasture groundhogs and crows and range duty). Do any of you have any experience with this line of scopes? Thx

laportecharlie
04-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I had a 4X16 Gameseeker that I bought from a member here and it got real blurry as magnification increased. I got rid of it pretty fast.
Charlie

powderburn
04-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up, not exactly what I was hoping to hear though. Mine seems pretty clear so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and see how it is to zero etc.

stevec
04-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I have the 4x16 Gameseeker and it is clear through-out the power range. I Have it on my .222 at the moment. I think it is a decent scope for the $$ but I prefer my Nikons!

Steve

Slowpoke Slim
04-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I guess you need to put it in perspective. I paid just over $100 for my 4-12x, and it came with a set of binocs too. The binocs are actually better than the scope, and I gave them to my daughter. The scope, in my opinion, is OK for a kid's gun, or a .22, but I don't think I would put one on something that I was "serious" about. Definitely NOT on a big game rifle. Right now, mine's on my 17 hmr Contender rifle barrel. I just use it for target plinking, and an occasional crow or close up prairie dog. It does OK on there, but I have no illusions of it being a "great" scope, and someday, I'm sure I'll trade it off for something better.

I don't think it comes anywhere close to any of the Nikon's (either pro staff, buckmaster or monarch) for clarity or quality.

Just my opinion.