PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: Savage b-mag solution

Pages : 1 [2]

jugchoke
10-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Got her sighted in today.
Think it's a keeper.
Anxious to get the Franklin Armory AR in hand to do some comparison.

Just got an E-mail from Volquartsen today, saying that they are now planning on starting shipments of their blow back operated auto loader in this caliber early next month. Glad I found the Franklin locked breech AR before I ordered one.

Willy
10-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Any idea what the Vq will cost?

Lonewulf
10-16-2014, 08:39 AM
from what I have seen depending on the model you get around $1850.00 to $2200.00

I wouldn't mind having a Franklin AR but they around a grand I believe

rona
10-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Got a e-mail from them with their price list It ranges from 1875.00 to 2108.00 They aren't bashful are they? Speaking for myself I have a hard time spending that kind of money for something that shoots a shell that may become obsolete. But I admit I don't have as many years left that I could use it so I probably look at it different then the younger crowd.

Willy
10-16-2014, 09:16 AM
I'll have to wait and see if any other manufacturers come out with a "reasonably" priced 17.... and one that you're not embarrassed to own.

jugchoke
10-16-2014, 10:43 PM
The Franklin is lower priced, and being a locked breech, I believe a much better design.
Even the companies, other than Volquartsen, making an autoloader in .17 HMR have quit making them.
Just too much peak pressure involved with these small bore high pressure rounds to be safe in a blow back action.
If you have one, keep it immaculate, if you value your leading hand and it's digits.
If you send it back, odds are that it will be replaced with a .22 mag.

jugchoke
10-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Oh, BTW I hit my closest big box lgs again today, and they were out of .17 WSM.
I asked if they were getting constantly resupplied and the guy kinda talked around it, but said they sure don't last long!
Then he mentioned that one guy bought 3 cases.
We all know what happened to them, eh?
And now, the last 5 visits, there has been none to be had.

I bought 10-9 and 8 boxes each on previous visits, cleaned out the shelf, so I guess my mistake was not asking if they had more in the back, eh?

fla9-40
10-19-2014, 06:37 AM
Seems this poster pulled his pic's... I would of loved to seen them!

jugchoke
10-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Well, the seventh try also found the shelf "dry" again, but this time I asked!

Sure enough, I walked out with two cases!!!!!!
20 boxes!

jugchoke
11-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Well, the seventh try also found the shelf "dry" again, but this time I asked!

Sure enough, I walked out with two cases!!!!!!
20 boxes!

Well since last, I picked up 7 boxes at a Wal Mart for $14.77 again.

And the F17 L finally came in!
And I am impressed!
Apparently a better chamber, as absolutely no smoke leakage backwards on any fired shell. (Only a minor problem with the HB B Mag anyway, nothing like some other folks complained of.)

Off hand so far, I think more accurate as well. But there is that pretty major price difference.
So far, purrs like a kitten, not even a trace of stutter or hick-up of any sort.

Going to eat ammo like a hungry hog though, just begs to be shot! They up-ed the mag from 8 to 10 as well. An it will stitch 'em right in there, as fast as you want to pull the trigger. Got to get back on the hunt for more ammo, those 60 or 70 boxes won't last long enough!

Willy
11-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Well.....I gotta eat my own words.....the price on a B-Mag was so good, at least for Canada, I couldn't help it.....on the box it says it was made in May 2014. So far no complaints, the front stock is quite flimsy but it does not touch the barrel either side. Will report more later...gotta go look for Bambi's dad....