PDA

View Full Version : Manners stock

binadu
08-24-2014, 09:27 AM
So I want to order a Manners stock for my 110 LA the Choate tactical's hand grip/palm swell doesn't fit me well. I have to slide my hand rearward for my finger to be in the correct position on the trigger. I was told by A guy at the range that Manners now require that a savage barreled action now be sent in for them to bed it to the stock. Is this so has anyone done this ?

mr45acp2u
08-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I am sending my target action in this week. I don't recall if it was mandatory but with the three mounting bolts I want to make sure it is perfect.

LoneWolf
08-24-2014, 12:24 PM
I've never heard anyone complain about work done by Manners other than the initial costs, but once they get it all back they tend to forget about it.

BoilerUP
08-24-2014, 02:10 PM
You don't need to send your barreled action to Manners, provided you are certain of your configuration and give that info to Matt or whoever at Manners you talk to.

What Manners are you interested in? I have a T2 in addition to a McM A5, which are mostly identical except that the T2 has a sloped butt vs. the A5's hook, and the T2's palm swell is slightly larger than the A5. Both are high quality kit, and Tom Manners has the best customer service in the industry.

boostless
08-24-2014, 04:35 PM
They are waiting on me to send in my barreled action. I was told it's a must but don't really mind since they are adding pillars and bedding it.

binadu
08-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone gonna order me a thumb hole been eying it for a while.

markb317
08-27-2014, 04:59 AM
There stocks will crack around the pillars if the stock is not bedded. I have a T5A that was bedded in the recoil lug and barrel nut area that the stock cracked in front of the back pillar. I also have a T2A that was bedded the same way and it cracked in the notch where the bolt handle closes. I called and was told to send the stocks and actions in and they would repair them.

binadu
08-29-2014, 10:08 AM
So do you have any idea as to why it cracked. The guy I met at the range told me the same thing happened to him.

Dano5001
09-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I ordered one the first part of May for a 110, have not been told that I need to send my barreled action in.

boostless
09-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Have you been in contact with them? that's about the time that I ordered mine and they didn't contact me I emailed them.

Dano5001
09-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Have you been in contact with them? that's about the time that I ordered mine and they didn't contact me I emailed them.

I have not contacted them, I guess I will now. I hope they don't need the barreled action since I still don't have my barrel. That will add to my stress level due to my already strained timeline. I may end up with a nice new build completed after the hunt it was intended for is over, lol.