PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and have a question

Si Korte
08-18-2014, 01:46 PM
I live in KC and have hunted since being on the farm in Kansas as a youngster. I am 71 now and going with my son to Alaska to hunt Moose. My problem is I just purchased a 111/combo in 30-06. I went to the range and like a lot of guys, shot too much ammo to sight it in. I decided that a controlled range is a lousy place to sight in a rifle because you have to keep taking it out of your rest and back to the rack. Anyway, I was satisfied with the results then took the gun to a family reunion (in Iowa) for my son to shoot it because he lives on the west coast. It shot all over the place and didn't figure out the problem till I got home and found the scope had moved off the back mount. So after all that my question is- Should I stay with the Nikon mount? Is this a common problem? I have seen a lot of good comments on the scope. Now I am short on time to fix the problem because I leave on Wednesday. I assume I will have to have it bore-sighted again? Would appreciate some advice soon Thanks
Si

Rick_W
08-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Welcome.

At this point I would remount the base/scope rings and use some blue loctite on the screws and then sight it in.

Most (if not all) guided hunts will require you to verify sight-in before you go out for the hunt.

You could always carry a spare scope/mount with you just in case you got up there and determined there was a problem.

drybean
08-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the site

ragsflh
08-19-2014, 04:59 AM
howdy.yes loctite all mounts.you will check sight in before your hunt too

B52buff
08-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Welcome from NE Michigan.