PDA

View Full Version : Choate vs Accustock

mikgarus
08-14-2014, 04:13 PM
To those who have used them: Would a Choate Tactical stock be an upgrade to the Accustock on my Model 10 Predator Hunter Max 1?
Thanks

Luke45
08-14-2014, 05:01 PM
they are nice for shooting off a bench. but heavy as a brick to pack around hunting, i took mine off last week casue i got tired of hauling at around, they wiegh between 4-5 lbs just the stock

darkker
08-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Yes, they are heavy. To some like me, that doesn't matter; but perhaps a consideration. My experience with the Crap-U-stock, is as poor as a regular factory sewer pipe. Except they have the finest, thinnest sheet metal inside. Do some searching and you'll find that the metal is prone to breaking.

If a non-accu suits your needs just fine, then i'm sure the accu will as well.

mikgarus
08-15-2014, 12:24 AM
I thought about getting the Model 11 Trophy Predator Hunter which is cheaper, and just replacing the factory stock. But then I found out they use the cheap Axis magazines and I wanted the metal ones!

D.ID
08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Choate tactical only weighs 3lb 11oz. Is balanced well for all position but excels in prone.
If you shoot different positions and can take the weight= YES
If you need an ultra light and only shoot offhand ,slop hunting for example.......yes.... but only because I really like them........Ok, it is at least debatable at that point.

Jetpig
08-16-2014, 09:10 AM
I prefer the Choate on mine. Weight never did bother me though.