PDA

View Full Version : action bolts loosening

2111 Marine
08-14-2014, 10:33 AM
is this a common problem on the Axis ?? seems like my action screws especially the forward one keeps loosening up and it has been properly torqued . This last range visit i noticed my groupings opening up some and later that night while cleaning it found that same screw was loose . I do have a Boyd's prairie hunter stock and there is enough threads when tightening so i know the screw is long enough . Last night i put some blue loctite on the threads after cleaning the threads with brake clean and reinstalled and torqued down . Will using loctite help any or do i need to look into why this particular screw keeps getting loose

LoneWolf
08-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Do you have Pillars installed? If not the screw may be crushing the wood under recoil or something to that affect.

fgw_in_fla
08-14-2014, 12:09 PM
I had the same trouble with my Boyd's stock. After 3 or 4 range sessions and retightening, the wood was compressed enough to where they stayed tight.

I reckon this is a good example of why pillars can be kinda important.

sdeeter19541
08-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Same issue with my 375r brush hunter...a little thread lock solved the problem.

limige
08-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Be careful putting pillars in a wood stock. Check the current thread going, people are seeing them split. Your drilling a very thin area of needed wood.