PDA

View Full Version : New member needs help

ART338WM
08-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Hello fellow Savage owners. I at present own five Savage rifles. Two 116's, two MK-IIs (my boys 1st rifles) and one 10ML-II smokeless muzzleloder. I am posting because I suspect my extractor on one of my 116 Weather Warriors is broken because the rifle will not eject a cartridge. To my knowledge I don't have a gunsmith near my home who doesn't have a 6 month or more wait on repairs, and I wish to avoid shipping back my rifle to Savage, so I would like to fix this problem on my own if possible.

My questions are:
#1-How hard is it to dissasemble the bolt and more spacifically the bolt head, fix and likely replace the extractor or broken part(s) there in
#2-There are numerous videos at youtube showing a 110 bolt disassembly, is the 116's bolt as I suspect the same design as the 110 and there for will disassemble/reassemble the same way?
#3-Does anyone know if Savage will simply fix the problem if I send them only the bolt or will I have to send the entire rifle?

Thank you,
Arthur.

bootsmcguire
08-14-2014, 12:49 AM
#1: Not terribly. Just be sure to do it inside of a plastic bag or else you will likely have little parts fly off into the depths of your work area.

#2: 110 and 116 are the same yes. Only difference is the SS rear baffle and bolt handle and BAS on the 116

#3: Only way to know for sure is call and ask, but most likely they will want the whole rifle.

For $15 you can be a paid member and access all the articles and tech tips (not to mention the classifieds) and get all the how-to information you can handle. This forum is one of the best and friendliest places to find out about how to upgrade, modify, and repair your Savages.