PDA

View Full Version : Mount and Rings for 110 blind mag???

brangus1111
08-12-2014, 01:49 AM
So I just purchased my Shilen SS Select 26in varmint in 30-06 and a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24x50 w/sunshade for my 110 build. My question is whether to go with a one or two piece rail considering this is a blind mag. Im wondering about how a one piece will effect loading and ejection. Also, is a 20 MOA base necessary w/ med rings? Ive looked over the clearance calculator, just want to make sure im doing everything correctly here. 1 shot one kill. The objective bell on the Viper is 57mm and the ring height is .78in (20mm). I apologize if this question is redundant, I've looked for quite a while and although I think I have a pretty fair understanding I just want to make sure.

Luke45
08-15-2014, 08:56 AM
With 30-06, a one piece rail won't get in the way of loading and ejecting. just takes a little getting use to! And a one piece will let you set the best eye relief. You don't need a 20 Moa rail unless your shooting extreamly far, the vortex has a huge range off adjustment. A 20 Moa won't get you much more clearance, the are made to allow for more adjustment for shooting long range.

brangus1111
08-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the response Luke. I wasn't worried about elevation concerning the base but only whether or not the scope would fit (clear the barrel). But I went ahead and ordered a flat egw rail and a set of burris medium rings.