PDA

View Full Version : want new barrel need advice

1denogean
08-08-2014, 03:46 PM
I have an older savage model 116 with a 22 inch barrel i believe, It has the med. heavy barrel and i would like to get the same size just in 28 inches. Any advice on where to get a good barrel from? I would have a gunsmith install it just to be on the safe side.

All advice is appreciated

Thanks

clintsrv
08-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Talk with Jim at Apache Guns Works. I believe he's accepting new custom orders now. His work is second to none and won't break the bank either.

GaryBF
08-08-2014, 04:27 PM
Northland Shooters Supply, McGowen Precision Barrels, and Sharp Shooter Supply are members here; all have websites.

bootsmcguire
08-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Talk with Jim at Apache Guns Works. I believe he's accepting new custom orders now. His work is second to none and won't break the bank either.

A BIG +1 here. Jim is the man when it comes to a great shooting barrel with great machine work at a terrific price. Here is his website at www.apachegunworks.com (http://www.apachegunworks.com). Tell him Boots sent ya. Jim is also a member/sponsor here along with NSS, SSS, and McGowen Outlet. All great guys with great products, but Apache gets my call first when it come time for another barrel.