PDA

View Full Version : accustock upgrade?

s002wjh
08-06-2014, 06:48 PM
just curious how many ppl throw away their accustock and upgrade something better.
and how many keep it?

I dont like the look of the stock, but the pad is pretty soft and it shot sub-moa with FGMM. so i'm in a dilemma to upgrade or not. My original excuse for upgrade was 10rd magazine but seem there are ppl make those for factory savage short action stock.

so after you guys upgrade did it improve accuracy? feel better in your hands? etc etc or it was upgrade just for looks?

bailagent100
08-07-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm kind of in the same spot you are, as I just ordered the XLR Element from Kyle a couple days ago. Sure hadn't considered throwing away the Accustock so was surfing through here, trying to get an idea of what a lightly used, left-handed Accustock off of a Model 10 FLCP-K might sell for, when I found this thread.

I really like the soft butt pad on the Accustock and am slightly concerned about what the Element's butt pad will feel like but, from what I've read about the Element here and elsewhere, the advantages of making the change will quite out weigh the disadvantages of not doing so.

Keeping the Accustock is an option I've considered but I have two 10 round RatMags that I won't be able to use with the Element chassis either. These kinds of parts laying around is just keeping cash tied up that could be put to better use, so...what to do? What to do?

All I've read about chassis systems seems to indicate a consensus of agreement that accuracy and the "fit" of the gun (adjustability) are both improved over traditionally styled stocks. So...I pulled the trigger, so to speak, on the chassis. Now, its just a bit of a wait (2 weeks) because Kyle had just sent a batch of left-handed cut chassis across town to his anodizing jobber. Should get mine out of that batch fairly quickly because his company and I are both in the same state.

Good luck with your decisions.