PDA

View Full Version : My day working on my 110

ger42
08-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I have a 110 in 6MM BR I was getting it ready for a new XLR stock UPS was to deliver today. I noticed the ejector was not grabbing the case (dummy round) I looked and it was installed backwards. The smith who tuned the action 10+ years ago must have done it. I removed the extractor and lost the spring. I had an extra bolt so I disassembled it and lost the little ball bearing. I purchased a bolt handle from Ebay and today decided to put it on. The bolt nut from the 6MM had the first few threads stripped so I had to use the one from the spare bolt only problem is old one is black spare is stainless. Ordered a black one from Brownells.

The stock arrived so it was assembly time. Problem front mounting screw was too long and was engaging the bolt so spent a little time with a file. Finally got it together and decided to stop before I messed something else up.

Then started cleaning my little room it has a security camera dvr, Hornady reloading press, A/C air handler, hot water heater, nuts and bolts , powder, cases, bullets, reloading tools some loaded ammo and a missing ball bearing, an extractor spring and from 2 weeks ago the sear spring lost when installing a Rifle Basix SAV -2 trigger.

Best news of the day found all the missing parts and a dime.

Tomorrow I install the scope and post pictures of my 110 .308 in a used XLR stock and the 6 MM BR in it's new XLR stock

Might get to the range this weekend if not then next tuesday.

LoneWolf
08-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Sounds like you made out with a $.10 increase. Not too shabby lol. Can't wait to check out the pictures!