PDA

View Full Version : Savage Womans Hunter

coyote268
08-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Thinking of getting one for my Granddaughter in 7-08. Anyone have one of these and how do the ladies like it?

rphguy
08-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Thinking of getting one for my Granddaughter in 7-08. Anyone have one of these and how do the ladies like it?
I bought my wife the Savage Ladyhunter in 7-08 a couple of years ago. She says it's the best thing I ever bought her.
Doesn't kick at all. Cheek is perfect for proper aim. And, it's likely the prettiest rifle Savage makes.
We just got back from South Africa a couple of days ago.
She decorated her sling with feathers, really got into it. She had a ball.
She got a zebra, impala, blesbok, and a caracal.

I HIGHLY recommend that rifle/model.

coyote268
08-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank you, you just made I\up my mind. I seem to handle some of the bigger animals on you trip alright.

john800
08-05-2014, 08:23 PM
My wife is pretty small, at 5'2" 105 lbs and she has a fairly hard time handling most rifles and shotguns, we had to have her shotgun stock shortened even on the youth model we got her. I had her pick up a savage lady hunder at a shop and she was amazed at how well it fit for her, she does not deer hunt so we didnt end up buying it but if she ever wants or needs a high power bolt rifle that is what I would buy her. There was alot of thought put into that rifle, and not just the stock, and the wood and metal fit and finish is pretty nice as well

rphguy
08-06-2014, 05:41 PM
It was very well designed functionally and aesthetically for the female hunter.
But, I love it too. I can put bullet holes inside of bullet holes at 100 yards with it.
I killed one animal in Africa with it also. Sweeeeeeet.