PDA

View Full Version : older 110 safety parts interchange

john800
08-03-2014, 03:08 PM
I have an older savage 110 in 7 rem mag that I really dont want to get rid of because it shoots well and I have some good loads developed for it. My biggest complaint about the rifle is that the older style narrow rectangular safety is to hard to operate with gloves on and has cost me shots at several deer, My newer model 11VT has a different safety that works much better with gloves. Does anyone know if I can buy the part off a never rifle and replace the old one?

darkker
08-03-2014, 06:39 PM
If you are talking about the new "fat" style, the channels are different dimensions, and you need to do a little machining. If operating your safety is such a difficult task, it sounds like it is adjusted improperly.

john800
08-03-2014, 08:19 PM
I dont remember seeing am adjustment when I have had the action out of the stock , but I wasnt looking for one either. How does one go about adjusting it properly?
It seems to move ok, the only hard part is getting a grip on it which is only a problem with gloves and cold hands.

john800
08-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I dont remember seeing am adjustment when I have had the action out of the stock , but I wasnt looking for one either. How does one go about adjusting it properly?
It seems to move ok, the only hard part is getting a grip on it which is only a problem with gloves and cold hands.

Nevermind, found it in another thread