PDA

View Full Version : savage 10 recoil pad question

s002wjh
08-01-2014, 08:37 PM
how does savage 10 recoil pad compare to limbsaver? i have a fcpk, the pad seem pretty soft, but never held limbsaver/other aftermarket stuff, so not sure its worth it for the upgrade?

bootsmcguire
08-01-2014, 09:37 PM
If you have the Savage P.A.D. they are pretty decent. I run them on all my rifles (that still have factory stocks) and they do me pretty well. I had one on a 458WM I had and it spread the shock out pretty well. I would be willing to bet that the limsavers will last longer, but not had any long enough to tell. My oldest P.A.D. is about 6 years old and it does show some light cracking, but doesn't impede its ability to soak up recoil as of now.

coyote268
08-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Go with the Limbsaver and never look back.

Steelhead
08-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Go with the Limbsaver and never look back.
Now that I have I have to agree with the above.

sixonetonoffun
08-05-2014, 01:28 AM
I have one.stock with a.P.A.D. and has never been used. I did take it off to see if it.would fit.anything.I do use but it's particularly shaped to the stock it.came. The nice blue finished 308 went into one of.the fugly dark walnut finished.stocks with the indian graphic. Looks more at home there. Black and Blue just looked.rather.conflicted. Am I a snipery police.rifle or all around hunter.

Anyway the P.A.D seemed fantastic.though longevity is questionable. Hmn bet it would grind.down to prairie hunter size?