PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Viper box test

Pages : 1 [2]

bgc
05-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Wow!, that is off the barrel quite a bit. The greater the distance the center of the scope is from the center of the bore the greater the effect of canting the rifle.
Put it on a pivoting bipod and focus it on a target 300 meters away. Slightly tip it for side to side and watch the distance it moves from your target. One of my rifles is much more sensitive to cant then the others. To the point I marked the spirit level with very fine lines.

helotaxi
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
One shot at each point isn't a valid sample from which to draw conclusions unless the combo has proven capable of routinely putting them all in the same hole with you at the trigger.

11fcns
05-11-2011, 06:12 PM
when centered i am MOA with this rifle and my load regularly. i do understand the whole taller = more cant. the new set of rings will be lower but not right on top of the barrel though.

helotaxi
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Couldn't see the pics at work but now that I can, I'm amazed you can shoot that setup consistently at all. What is your anchor point on the stock? It certainly isn't the cheekbone.

pdog06
05-11-2011, 09:09 PM
11fcns,
I would like to see you do a box test with more shots at each corner. Like atleast a 3-shot group, if not 5, all from one shooter. With more shots at each corner you even out alot of the variables(pulling/flinching on 1 shot, wrong click count one time, etc).

And also just use one shooter to rule that out, or each of you do separate tests and compare..

And shooting 1moa isnt the scopes fault at all. That is Remingtons fault ;) ;D.. Sorry, couldnt resist. :D

11fcns
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
not complaining at all about the MOA, actually happy that it does.