PDA

View Full Version : stocks for f class

acemisser
07-27-2014, 09:00 AM
whats your thoughts on the thumb hole stocks?
Never tried one..Wondered if there is any
benifit or not to one..I suppose it would take
getting used to like anything else...

DanSavage
07-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Did you ever hear someone say they thumbed that shot? I have and have seen guys use thumb hole stocks at Springwater but they don't put there thumb through the hole for precision shooting. I'm sure it can be done,, it's just a whole new animal to get used to, you know how were always trying to eliminate variables the thumb hole is just going to add another variable. Thumb hole would be nice for hunting purpose's in my opinion, but yes Ace, get a thumb hole stock, I'll see you at the next match.LOL

acemisser
07-27-2014, 11:03 AM
thanks for valued advice...Being a person of great shooting ability
I value your advice...:director:

cranebird
07-27-2014, 03:01 PM
They make them, someone must use them. What does Scott say ?

acemisser
07-28-2014, 07:22 AM
They make them, someone must use them. What does Scott say ?

Seems like I seen one guy use one at Odessa:peep:

LoneWolf
07-28-2014, 07:30 AM
I personally just don't like them for prone. I don't really like chassis's much for prone either though. I think they are a little more comfortable for positional shooting though. Easier to get a grip and control the rifle, but I just like the more traditional style stocks with a comfortable vertical pistol grip.

Guys that love the AR15 feel are usually the ones that prefer the more thumbhole style stocks from my experience. I've always felt they put my wrist in an awkward position and not straight in line with the trigger. To each their own though.

cranebird
08-07-2014, 05:43 AM
John, if you buy this stock, let me know what something like that cost.If I have to ask, then I can't afford it but would really like to see one.......

http://www.baercustomrifles.com/images/hg_stock_al_1.jpg

http://www.baercustomrifles.com/images/hg_stock_al_2.jpg

LoneWolf
08-07-2014, 06:03 AM
That thing looks like the Enterprise from STAR TREK lol.

cranebird
08-08-2014, 02:23 PM
That thing looks like the Enterprise from STAR TREK lol.

It is out there.........

acemisser
08-08-2014, 08:10 PM
gonna stay with my bell carlson..I pissed away enough money

cranebird
08-09-2014, 06:53 AM
gonna stay with my bell carlson..I pissed away enough money
The best solution is to reload and shoot more often rather than to try buy a remedy