PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to shoot two rifles

ger42
07-26-2014, 10:35 AM
I have 2 Savage 110 rifles. I in 6 MM BR the other .308. I bought a used XLR Evolution chassis that fits the .308 it has a 5 round mag. Vortex 6.5-20 X50 VMR-1 MOA Rectile and Harris bipod on the way for it. I installed a Rifle Basix SAV-2 trigger in it.

An XLR Evolution single shot chassis is on the way for the 6 MM BR. I have a Rifle Basix SAV- trigger ready to be installed. It will be using a Sinclair F-Class bipod, for a scope I have a Leupold VX-3 6.5-20x40 Target Dot Reticle,

I have had both 110's for over 10 years. The 6 MM BR has a Satern barrel installed and trued by Satern. I've shot 17 rounds through it since 2005. The .308 hasn't been fired since late 2002.

I am getting on in years (72yrs with macular degeneration) and figure this is my last hurrah. A range with 500 yards stations has opened up an hour south of me. I plan to join and try to shoot once a week until I am not allowed to drive. The eyes may stop me sooner. There is a 600 range but it is about 3 1/2 hours north of me. In my younger years i would have done a day trip but now I'd have to drive up the day before get a room, shoot then get a room that day returning the next day. That gets too expensive.

LoneWolf
07-26-2014, 11:36 AM
Keep up the good fight! I'm still deployed and waiting to build 2 rifles when I get home! Then I'll have to wait to shoot them and still have some other work I want done on them by the smith before they're actually done!

Take care and as stated keep up the fight!

ger42
07-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Thank you for your service.

Keep up the good fight! I'm still deployed and waiting to build 2 rifles when I get home! Then I'll have to wait to shoot them and still have some other work I want done on them by the smith before they're actually done!

Take care and as stated keep up the fight!