PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from SSS?

pepperbelly
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
I want to order a Farrell scope mount from SSS but I can't find an item number anywhere.
How do I order the part? I intend to send a postal money order.
I have a model 10 FCP in a Choate stock and want a 20moa base.

Jim

Uncle Jack
03-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Why don't you just e-mail them with the information you've posted here? I'm sure Liza can be of more help than we can.

uj

stevec
03-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Or give them a call. Talked to Lisa on tuesday. VERY pleasent and helpful lady!

Steve

pepperbelly
03-31-2010, 10:14 PM
I sent an email this evening. I will call tomorrow if necessary. I printed a copy of their order form too.

Jim

Blue Avenger
03-31-2010, 10:51 PM
Just so you know, she get around 80 emails a day at times. some times it take a little time to get them all read.
[ were not the only ones that use there services.]

03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Try the re-dial a few times if you don't get in on the first try, it is well worth your time!! I couldn't believe it the first time I got through, Lisa talked to me like I had known her for years, then we got down to the order. I was very impressed, you don't often find service like that. As a matter of fact, I was so impressed that I have called since then to order more!!

psharon97
04-01-2010, 01:19 AM
One of the nicest things about SSS and Lisa in particular is that fact that (nothing against women, or men for that matter for customer service) she actually knows what she is talking about. If she doesn't know something, she'll ask Fred and either he can give her the answer or he'll come talk to you directly. I like customer service to actually know and understand the product that they are selling. I also like a company that stands behind their work. If they make a mistake, they do everything they can to make the customer happy. I'll be ordering from them for a while lol.

pepperbelly
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Lisa emailed me this morning with the item number.
Are there no item numbers on anything they sell on their site, or am I not looking in the right place?

Jim

TT3270WSM
04-01-2010, 12:40 PM
One of the nicest things about SSS and Lisa in particular is that fact that (nothing against women, or men for that matter for customer service) she actually knows what she is talking about. If she doesn't know something, she'll ask Fred and either he can give her the answer or he'll come talk to you directly. I like customer service to actually know and understand the product that they are selling. I also like a company that stands behind their work. If they make a mistake, they do everything they can to make the customer happy. I'll be ordering from them for a while lol.

My thoughts exactly! I phoned in an order on Tuesday and Lisa was amazingly helpful! She sure knows her stuff too. SSS will definately be getting my return business!

pdog06
04-01-2010, 01:18 PM
You shoulda just sent her the emil with a copy of a filled out order form, then she'd already have your order placed and all you'd need to do is send her the payment... I wouldnt be worried bout an order number, just tell what action it fits and 0 or 20 moa and she'll get you what you need. Oh, I called yesterday at 1pm and got thru on the first try.

pepperbelly
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Pdog the problem is that I couldn't email a completed form without the item number.

Jim

stumpjumper400
04-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I didn't even know they had an order form until it was mentioned. I just call Lisa and tell her what I want. Done and on it's way lickedy split.

MikeCTX
04-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Pdog the problem is that I couldn't email a completed form without the item number.

Jim

Looks like the order form does say to list the item description if there is no item number - in a world where everything seems to have item numbers, it does seem different to just list a description. But willing to bet they know their products so well that they don't really need itme #'s. Have not done business with them, but seem well thought of...just do business a little different from the rest of the crowd...and nothing wrong with that.

J.Baker
04-01-2010, 09:24 PM
SSS isn't like Midway or some other big-box outlet center. They carry a small selection of very specific products, and as such don't really use an Item or Part number system. Just write the description of the part you need on the form, include a phone number and send it in. If they have any questions, they'll give you a call to verify before shipping.

In your case for the Farrel base, just let them know the details on your action (round or flat top, long or short action) and if you want a zero or 20 MOA taper base.

phirebug
04-01-2010, 09:34 PM
i completed my entire order via email while i was in iraq because our phone service was having some sort of contract dispute with US phone companies and would not connect calls to certain area codes. the first time i ever got through to Lisa was just about a month ago, and we talked for a good bit even though all i really needed was to change the address of the shipment because i was moving. they'll find a way to work with you.

pepperbelly
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I emailed them telling them what I wanted. They replied with the item number. Since their order form has a space for an item number I would have thought they used it. The space for a description isn't big enough. It's just one line.
My order is in so no problem. I just asked thinking I missed something.

Jim