View Full Version : Model 116 to RUM

Pages : 1 [2]

scooterf79
07-24-2014, 07:12 AM
Wow! Cant imagine a groundhog taking a 110gr bullet at 4500fps! Thats awesome! I couldnt shoot if I had to be tense all the time. Its my stress relief, I wanna shoot longer range someday, but when I can sit down and enjoy it like you said.
Im all for the fire breathing loads. I dont have anything like you do but my thought on it is this, magnums, overbores etc are made to push bullets faster than their non magnum counterparts, so push em faster ya know. I dont buy my faster cartridges to not run em fast.
Thats something that makes me uneasy with getting a big UM case, the recoil. Ugh, its gotta be a beating. I do use a lead sled with my mags when Im doing load development and stuff, but those RUM....ouch! During a hunting situation, its no big deal, I never notice it but on the range....blah, Id have to load em down lol
Scooter

scope eye
07-24-2014, 07:31 AM
I had a Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm RUM, I think they come in a 9 twist, and use to shoot those same bullets @ 4000 FPS it was just as fun, who am I kidding the 12 twist is much more better.

Dean

LoneWolf
07-24-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm always relaxed when I'm shooting regardless of the range. Even in competition I'm relaxed. In fact I switched over from 3 flanged ear plugs, to an electronic head set and was LMAO on the firing line because I could here someone a few lanes down getting all pissed off and upset. When you do that, you only get worse!

scooterf79
07-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Oh yeah, 4500 is way better no doubt!
How much difference in recoil do your breaks make on the RUMs, I've never shot anything with a break so thats why I ask.

Lone Wolf....lol, yep, gettn mad doesnt help at all, when I first started shooting for accuracy I used to get aggravated but it didnt help me lol. Its relaxing for me to shoot now, nothing like having put together by hand 3 controlled explosions 3in from your face and having them make a tiny clover leaf on the target
Scooter

scope eye
07-24-2014, 03:31 PM
They only one that I have a brake on, with my RUMs is my 338 Edge, I do not notice any difference with or with out, since I only shoot 160gr Barnes TTSXs, I have tried some 250gr and 300gr bullets that there is a big difference with and without the brake.

Dean

scooterf79
07-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Oh ok, gotcha.
Thanks
Scooter

cowboybart
10-24-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm still gonna go with this but maybe not on a Savage action. The 116 may become the 264WM and either a 700 for the RUM or I'd really like a Right bolt/Left port Defiance or Borden action.