PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm hooked.

brchambersjr
07-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Ok, you got me. I think that I have caught the fever. It is bad enough that I have 1911 fever and love the mechanics of them but now the Savage bolt action riffle too. I am new to bolt action riffles but have shot many AR type semi-autos plus just about everything the Army had to offer. I bought a Savage Axis XP (yes I plan to change the scope but it works for now) in 7mm-08 because I liked that round from when I shot one of my friends riffles that I have used in the past. Very nice characteristics. The only thing that was not to like was that the ammo is not as available as say .308 or 30-06.

After reading a lot of threads I have been very fortunate to find the exact info from fellow members that I needed for some "upgrades". I wanted to be able to change between the 7mm-08 and .308 and I was able to buy the kit from Brownell's and it was very easy. Even though it was not too bad I did want a lighter trigger so I adjusted that, smoothed out the sharp corners on the trigger and now the pull is very good. I do like a shorter length of pull so I did buy the youth model in order to wear as thick of clothes in the colder weather but I will be buying a stock from Boyds. This one works for now and the riffle shoots great.

Thanks for all of the great threads and I look forward to interacting with all of you here.

Bill

drybean
07-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Welcome aboard

ragsflh
07-21-2014, 05:02 AM
howdy

Rick_W
07-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Welcome

B52buff
07-30-2014, 09:49 PM