PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Horady vs Nosler vs Winchester. Good, bad and ugly.

SKIPRO
07-20-2014, 04:25 PM
I have been shooting Hornady exclusively but am interest on trying the Nosler (expensive), and the Winchester Match. Any experience with these 140 loads?

Oxn316
07-20-2014, 07:23 PM
I run the nosler custom comps in my 260. You can find seconds sometimes which makes them really cheap compared to other match bullets. They are a great bullet and work very well at extended ranges. Are they bergers? No but at half the price i would rather shoot them.

I hope i was on the right track with my info. Your question was not very clear.

SKIPRO
07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Just questioning the quality and accuracy of the Nosel and Winchester 140 against the Hornady as an alternative choice.

Sawfish
07-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Just questioning the quality and accuracy of the Nosel and Winchester 140 against the Hornady as an alternative choice.

They will all shoot more accurate than you can hold.

emtrescue6
08-03-2014, 09:39 AM
I shoot Nosler bullets almost exclusively anymore in pretty much everything I own (I grew up not far from their factory in Bend and started loading their bullets when their factory store was one of the few places you could buy them!)...anyway, I don't own a 6.5 but in everything else they out-perform most everything else I have shot. You can also find blems and over-runs on their site cheap.... www.shootersproshop.com

D.ID
08-05-2014, 12:01 AM
#1: Berger.
#2: sierra and hornady neck and neck but looks like hornady may be pulling ahead.
#3: Nosler pricing it's self right off my list.
#143: Winchester.

chukarmandoo
08-05-2014, 06:50 PM
#1: Berger.
#2: sierra and hornady neck and neck but looks like hornady may be pulling ahead.
#3: Nosler pricing it's self right off my list.
#143: Winchester.

I think Lupua Scenar's fit in there with Bergers. Just ordered my second box of 1000. But then again That wasn't the OP's question, was it.
Also the intended porpoise of bullets in question makes a big difference.

D.ID
08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
My point was that in my opinion the op would be stepping across to nosler or down to winchester. Scenars only practical application is target work exclusively at which they excel but do to there lack of versatility I have not used them. Elephant solids or bobcat pelts aside all bullets serve the same use, Match grade accuracy AND lethal.