PDA

View Full Version : Model 110S Series J

longranger308
07-20-2014, 12:14 AM
Having difficulty finding stocks for the 110S series J. I know the action screws are centered at 4.522" on my .308 however this seems to be a little unusual for most stock makers. Any suggestions out there?

longranger308
07-24-2014, 01:38 AM
Really guys! 60 views and no replies..thought this was a community of Savage lovers. Pretty pathetic to say the least.

LoneWolf
07-24-2014, 03:56 AM
Really guys! 60 views and no replies..thought this was a community of Savage lovers. Pretty pathetic to say the least.

It seems typical that someone new comes in here and gets upset when they don't get an immediate answer handed to them. Sometimes it takes a minute for the correct individual to view the post in order to get your answer if it's not a general question. Also may want to elaborate on what kind of stock you're looking for, might allow us to get a better idea of who you can talk too.

I am not familiar with the 4.5" screw spacing myself, but maybe you could contact some of the stock manufacturers you're interested in to see what they have. I would check with Stocky's, Stockadegunstocks, or maybe Boyd's. They might have further info for you.

Jamie
07-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Not many people have them or have ever messed with them. There are a couple makers that will make this stock but figure an additional $50 or so than what they normally advertise on their sites. It is a very old screw spacing with only a few people looking for those stocks so they are not worth most manufacturers tooling time. I think Stockade will make one and Maybe Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply. Either one will be a considerable wait. I lucked out and found a heavy barrel factory stock on gunbroker.com with the help of a fellow site user.

I apologize that my vacation delayed my response to your post.

Nor Cal Mikie
07-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Pretty pathetic compared to what??? Most of the folks here are farily new to Savage compared to some of us "older guys". So 60 views and no replies asking about a "J" action that Savage quit making back 20+ years wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

I started a thread looking for some info, got lots of lookers but NOBODY replied. Better than a bunch of replies and nobody saying anything related to the subject?

As far as your "J" Series, the back end is the same as any 110. Only difference is the spacing of the front screw. (I have a 110 V)
What I've done in the past is find the style stock that you like, fit a front piller and move it a bit to fit the screw spacing. Worked like a charm.
You're only talking about 1/4" so the screw hole is easy to deal with. Any short action SF stock can be modified by moving the front screw hole. Sure beats trying to special order a stock that isn't the norm.

longranger308
07-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Thanks LoneWolf, This unusual spacing is causing me some concern. No one so far makes a stock to fit this spacing. I suppose I could find a gunsmith to make a custom bedding block however this will cost more than any stock

Nor Cal Mikie
07-28-2014, 02:53 PM
As far as a bedding block, the Whidden V Block has the front pillar made so it's "adjustable" and may fit the "J" action.

dpfelton
07-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Try these:
http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/3.html charge $50 to inlet for the J-series

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=9466&cat=1223 110 intermediate lenght