PDA

View Full Version : Scope cover for 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP Rifle Combo

Snakecharmer
07-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Hello folks,
Yesterday I picked up (from Bass Pro) a 11/111 Trophy Hunter XP .243 Rifle Combo with the Nikon 3-9x40 BDC scope. When I got it home and started going all of the information and goodies in the box I realized that there was not a scope cover included in the package. So I went back to Bass Pro to see if they had inadvertently left it out when they were checking the rifle out. The sales guy checked several scopes that were on display and could not find a example of one that had it. So he went in the back and opened several boxes and discovered that none of them had one either. Makes me wonder why such a low dollar, and necessary, item was not included in this package. Has anyone else had this same experience? To me it's not a big deal, but seems strange, since I had recently bought a Nikon Prostaff 4x32 Rimfire scope and it had a cover included. Oh well, back to Bass Pro in the morning to pick up some Butler Creek flip covers.

It's better to be fast with one weapon...
Than to be half-fast with a lot of them

Rosco
07-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Congrats on your new rifle and you will be fine with Butlers!!

Snakecharmer
07-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the response Roscoe...
I am using Butler Creek covers on other rifles I currently have and also ones I used to have. They are definately the right stuff, especially if you're out in the rain or snow, or busting thru brush.