PDA

View Full Version : 300wsm conversion

roscoe69
07-17-2014, 10:58 PM
new to savage and have a model 11 LRH in 300 wsm. would like to practice more, but at $50.00 + a box, not so much. wondering what would be needed to convert to 308 ? large shank bbl, bolt head, center feed mag, wrench's, go and no go guage's

bootsmcguire
07-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Yup pretty much. You will also need a standard firing pin to go with the 308 bolt head, because the WSM's use a longer firing pin that special only to the WSM based rifles.

FWIW I would just invest in a Lee Reloading kit and roll your own 300WSM ammo. It will be cheaper per round and you will end up with much more accurate ammo and a great satisfaction of doing it yourself. Trust me I know, I have only bought 1 box of centerfire rifle ammo, and 2 boxes of 380ACP ammo since I started hand loading and I am much happier, especially in these times of difficult to find ammo, let alone the same brand and bullet weight.

roscoe69
07-18-2014, 08:35 AM
thanks, the firing pin would have slipped by me, will start a search for Canadian or will ship to Canada suppliers.
I used to reload and will get back into it soon, got to save some money and build up some reloading supplies. I have spent my money on guns, mounts, scopes and ammo. money spent on guns is not wasted.