PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10FP-SR in 6.5 Creedmoor

m796rider
07-17-2014, 03:46 PM
I've tinkered quite a bit with my Savage 10FP-SR and am finally in a good place with the rifle... :cool:

- Replaced factory barrel with 24" stainless Shilen Select in 6.5 Creedmoor, GunKoted flat black
- Replaced factory stock with Savage AICS (too heavy)
- Replaced Savage AICS with Hogue full-length bedding block stock (too flexy)
- Replaced Hogue with HS Precision stock inletted for factory DBM/Accurate Mag DBM (just right)
- Cut barrel back to 22" as a decent place to balance MV against rifle length
- Dusted the HS Precision stock with Aervoe OD spray paint to knock some black off the rifle

Using the Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 mil/mil SFP scope I was able to put 10 rounds into an area just under an inch at 100 yards. That's good enough for me. The rifle now weights about 11lbs loaded and is very easy to shoot and carry. Both Accurate Mag and AI 10-round mags work great. And I've really enjoyed being able to work on the rifle myself with just a few simple tools.

http://personal.visualitymedia.com/personal/boltguns/10fpsr_65cm_hsp_1000.jpg

drybean
07-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Very Nice

Rosco
07-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Nice looking rig!!

m796rider
07-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank you!

The plan is to upgrade the scope to a Vortex Razor II HD 3-18x50 with the EBR-2C mil reticle when that model becomes available.

SlimySquirrel
07-22-2014, 03:45 AM
Ha Classic post!

Love the low don on the Stocks... It's amazing how it can take a while and sometimes you have to stick with what you got... unless you come along!!

Just going through the same sorta issue myself ... but it's a Remmy build (ohhh noooo) it's my first and will probably be my last as I'm a bit of a Savage Fan Boy and love the way they shoot... just not how they feed from the factory!