PDA

View Full Version : Sav 10FCP Accu-Trigger replacement

Kkern
07-16-2014, 10:24 PM
O.K.....I just had my first malfunction of the AT. What is a recommended aftermarket replacement. I have found the Timney and have had very good service with their AR trigger in LR308. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.

Thanks

Joe L
07-16-2014, 11:04 PM
What kind of malfunction?

foxx
07-16-2014, 11:45 PM
I have tried Rifle Basix Sav-1 and Sharp Shooter Supply Competition Trigger. Both are very good for hunting, going down to 1.5 lbs or so. I prefer the SSS Comp Trigger. Very close in price.

Kkern
07-17-2014, 06:54 AM
What kind of malfunction?

Cycle the bolt, chamber a round, pull the trigger and it "snaps" but does not fire. I have about 200 rounds thru the rifle to date. I have not made any adjustment at all to the trigger, it is the "factory setting". I bought the gun new.
Thanks, KK

Stockrex
07-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Cycle the bolt, chamber a round, pull the trigger and it "snaps" but does not fire. I have about 200 rounds thru the rifle to date. I have not made any adjustment at all to the trigger, it is the "factory setting". I bought the gun new.
Thanks, KK
call savage pls.

olddav
07-17-2014, 09:14 AM
With my limited understanding of the AT, it sounds like the blade was pulled off center. Perhaps your finger pushed it a little to one side, if not the Rifle Basix SAV-2 has worked well for me.

rjtfroggy
07-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Before you call Savage try adjusting the trigger to a little heavier pull weight. They have been known to come out of adjustment rather quickly.
If it is the adjustment when you get it where you want it put a drop of nail polish on the screw that will keep it in place.

foxx
07-17-2014, 10:11 AM
By design, if the "blade" is not pulled fully to the rear before the trigger is pulled, it will do that. If you intentionally press the trigger from the side without touching the blade you will do this every time. It is a safety feature that some people seem to have trouble with, either because they do not use proper form when pressing the trigger or, perhaps, their fingers are "fat" or something and cannot help but push the trigger from the side.

Kkern
07-19-2014, 04:36 PM
OK....I pulled the stock off and inspected the trigger group and found no problem there however, I did find that the main screw holding the bolt handle was backed out about 4 or 5 turns. I used a 1/4" Allen wrench and tightened it hand tight. Reinstalled and cycled the action and the AT worked fine. I have not had a chance to get out to shoot since making this correction, but I it will watch it closely when I do. Hopefully this has solved my problem.
KK