PDA

View Full Version : 110 trigger issues

strut64
07-16-2014, 09:04 AM
My 110 with accutrigger has been bothering me. Issues are;
* the trigger will release even with out the blade being depressed. This has me spooked.
* as a factory stock accurtrigger the pull can't be reduced below 2 1/2 lbs.
My questions are should I get the trigger weight spring or replace
with an aftermarket. I have looked at the Basix SAV-2. As background,
I have set this up with a Shilen 6 BR target barrel and After market Boyds Thumbhole
plus pillared and bedded the action.

Brent
07-16-2014, 09:48 AM
My 110 with accutrigger has been bothering me. Issues are;
* the trigger will release even with out the blade being depressed. This has me spooked.
* as a factory stock accurtrigger the pull can't be reduced below 2 1/2 lbs.
My questions are should I get the trigger weight spring or replace
with an aftermarket. I have looked at the Basix SAV-2. As background,
I have set this up with a Shilen 6 BR target barrel and After market Boyds Thumbhole
plus pillared and bedded the action.

1. The trigger can be released on all accutriggers if the trigger is activated without the safety being depressed, but the sear is designed to keep the firing pin from striking the primer. This is not uncommon, especially when people lighten the trigger pull too much.

2. Accutriggers need to have a certain amount of spring tension to hold the sears in place. I have seen, and done this myself, the trigger spring tension set too low and rapid bold engage or slight trigger pull will set off the trigger. Without the safety sear being depressed though I have YET to see an accidental mis-fire. Knock on wood.

Robinhood
07-16-2014, 11:18 AM

As stated above...The mechanism that allows/restricts the firing pin to strike the primer is being restricted under this scenario. That is the design. It is the safety feature. This can even happen on bolt closing. If so you may need to increase the tension on the sear spring.

goodolsavage
07-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Yup increase the tension, however i have read that many people are able to get their trigger down to below a pound (cutting off coils) without it going offend others cant have it below like 3 pounds so.

Brent
07-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Yup increase the tension, however i have read that many people are able to get their trigger down to below a pound (cutting off coils) without it going offend others cant have it below like 3 pounds so.

Are you refering to the accu or the axis trigger? I have not experimented with anything less than 1.5 to 2 lbs on the accu. My rifles are for hunting and usually in cold weather where the shot is made with cold fingers or with gloves. Therefore I like a little more resistence personally. I have worked on axis triggers via coil cutting and usually just replace the spring instead and use a screw to hold spring in place.

goodolsavage
07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
No people cut coils off on the accurrigger. For a hunting rifle i agree that you should have the resistance but people with 93r17s look more into accuracy so I've heard a lot of people cutting of a coil or 2 and getting down below a pound