PDA

View Full Version : WARNE Tactical 1 PC 0MOA Base Height

allenlhouston
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
I have a new target action needing a base and need to know the height of the following:

Warne 1 PC Tactical 0MOA base for Saveage SA RT.

If you have one, please measure for me. MrFurious has a post for the 20 MOA but not sure if the 0 MOA is the same height.

I really don't understand why any reputable business would not list the dimensions of their product. Scope monting is a dimensional activity and you would think the manufacturer would want to help with this process. Go figure. Even my food packages tell me more than I want to know.

Slowpoke Slim
03-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Do you just want the height to the top of the mount, measured from the top of the receiver? I have the same mount on my 12F. What measurements are you needing?

It looks like it's 10/32 from the top of the receiver to the top of the base. Kind of hard to get to to measure with the scope on it. I can tell you that with the Warne maxima "high" 30mm rings on it, the objective clears my barrel by 7/32" at the knurled AO area. My scope is a 56mm objective.

Hope that helps.

allenlhouston
03-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Slowpoke Slim.

Thank you for the rapid response. You are right on. Dimension from the top of the receiver to the top of the base. I was looking at a Ferrel but they are too high for my liking and I was wanting a steel base. EGW HD looked promising but I prefer steel.

I'm mounting a Sightron 10-50X60 with a lense cover so my objective is about 4MM higher than yours.
With a Warne base and a Burris .5 inch extr. tactical ring I should be at the right height for the Shilen bull barrel which is expected next week. I wanted to use a Signiture Zee ring (High) but not sure it is strong enough for this heavy scope.
This is my first custom build and learning a lot from you fellas who have done this before.
Thank you for your support.