PDA

View Full Version : accutrigger spring for ~ 2#

Szumi
07-12-2014, 08:52 PM
I have a Model 11 that I'd like to shoot silhouette with. The silver spring that is in it won't get down to 2#. Is there another spring out there I should get? If so from who?

bootsmcguire
07-12-2014, 09:08 PM
http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?274-Factory-AccuTrigger-Part-Numbers

Szumi
08-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Late getting back. I put in the serial number for my model 10 fcp hoping it would get me the parts for it that would get my model 11 into the 2# range for hunter class. Parts finder called it a gunsmith only part. So I ordered the target spring from gunshack. Anyone have luck going that way. I just want 2#, nothing lower for the silhouette rifle.

strut64
08-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Try Gun Shack - they have target trigger springs. I put one on a conventional accutrigger and think it is pretty good. Mine is now pulling
1 1/2 lb.

limige
08-14-2014, 04:12 AM
Lots of ppl had problems with gunshack springs. Contact jim at northland shooters supply. He sells them

Szumi
08-24-2014, 11:53 AM
I received my spring from gunshack. It got me down to a hunter class legal 2 pounds. Sadly my rifle has other issues I'll post of in another thread.

Steelhead
08-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I received my spring from gunshack. It got me down to a hunter class legal 2 pounds. Sadly my rifle has other issues I'll post of in another thread.
I got one of the gun shack springs.
Got me down to 2lbs 4 oz.
Sorry to hear you have problems.

LHitchcox
08-24-2014, 08:19 PM
I got mine from Jim at Northland. They both work well indeed.

limige
08-26-2014, 02:42 AM
The light spring is supposed to be good for 1.5#

Stockrex
08-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Lots of ppl had problems with gunshack springs. Contact jim at northland shooters supply. He sells them

limige, what was the problem with gunshack springs? curd, I have an envelope full of springs sitting on my reloading bench :-(.

limige
08-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Well I've read many people complaining that the target spring gunshack has been selling is exactly what is in their accutrigger already. Same color and they cant get it down to 2#.
The varmint accutriggers come with a 1.5# spring and is what most people are looking for when they order from gunshack.
Maybe they straightened out their inventory but I would be reluctant to recommend them to anyone for a spring.
I personally have ordered the springs from jim at northland and received the proper product.

foxx
08-26-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm not doubting what you say, Limige, just want to add that Gunshack has extended excellent customer service to me in the past.

limige
08-28-2014, 02:39 AM
I did some digging and couldn't find it. I seen some ppl complaining about SSS springs being shipped unlabeled and not sure if they got the right spring or not.

Maybe I was mistaken here. My memory isn't the greatest.

Steelhead
08-28-2014, 08:58 AM
The spring I got from gunshack dropped my trigger pull about a 1 1/4 pounds.
$10 well spent in my opinion.
Lowest I could get with stock spring was 3lb 8oz, my accutrigger is just on the heavy side but it does break cleanly.

foxx
08-28-2014, 09:41 AM
From what I gathered from Sharpshooter, the spring isn't always the culprit. "Tolerance Stacking" of multiple components (is that the term?) makes a trigger, or any mechanical device, susceptible to becoming a less than ideal end product. That would explain why I have had such a wide range of experience with inconsistent Accutriggers. Some "regular" Accutriggers perform like Varmints and Varmints perform worse than regulars. I've had maybe 6 different new ones and I swear you don't know what you're gonna get till you try it. That doesn't mean the springs aren't the problem, of course. Having said that, I think they are easy to "tweak" and lighten to the point you want. I have switched springs and even narrowed the trigger's face or surface that engages the sear. Doing so will lighten the pull weight, but not make it all that crisp and true like SSS Comp trigger or Rifle Basix. And, yes, I remember some questions about the possibility of not getting the right springs from different sources. Maybe it was Gunshack. I just didn't want it to sound like they or their suppliers were trying to cheat anyone, and I don't think that it was Limige's or anyone else's intention to say they were. :)

bamastrike
08-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Just got my gunshack springs, dropped my 2.8 lb standard, down to 1.4 lbs. Very pleased with the price, shipping costs, fast shipping. Would purchased again.

Stockrex
08-29-2014, 02:49 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.
I have had all great transactions with gunshack, their CS is top notch.
I have not had a chance to play with the springs yet. So many projects so little time.

limige
08-29-2014, 03:24 AM
Good to know guys, sorry for the confusion

Szumi
09-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Here is a picture of the spring that came with my Model 11 and the spring from Gunshack.

The silver one is the one that came with my rifle. As you can see there are differences. Both springs are constructed out of 0.028" wire.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/www/SavShooters/sav_trigger_springs.jpg

Stockrex
09-01-2014, 07:23 PM
szumi, thanks for the pic, here is what mine looks like:

http://i.imgur.com/BZ79IlT.jpg