PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 Precision Rifle .223

jeffc2x
03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I've got a model 10 PC .223 cal. and I'm having feeding problems on the last round.It happens with different type bullets.When I start to close the bolt ,it will start to feed the round out of the mag.Then when the bullet starts up on the feed ramp the back of the case drops down and the bolt slides over the case and jams.I can push up on the front of the mag from the bottom(it has about .030 play when I push up on it)and it feeds fine.I think maybe the front lip on the mag isn't made right.Anyone had this problem?I called Savage and they wanted me to send it to them,but I really don't want to spend the time and money to ship it back unless I really have to.I asked them to trade out mags with me to see if that would fix it,so I'll have to send them my mag and wait on them to send me a new one.
THANKS JEFF

82boy
03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Savage will pay the shipping both ways, the only thing you have invested is time.
Sounds like you don't have the magazine in all the way. They are a bit tricky to get latched.

jeffc2x
03-31-2010, 01:52 AM
They didn't say if they would pay shipping,but I didn't ask either.I'm pretty sure I have it latched in all the way.
THANKS JEFF