PDA

View Full Version : savage ejector ?

desertdog
07-08-2014, 11:32 PM
hi, does savage make more than one ejector?
seen one on brownells that is different than the one on midway?
thanks for the help. dd

short round
07-08-2014, 11:48 PM
The newer ones have a piece that goes into the spring.

BillPa
07-09-2014, 10:44 AM
The newer ones have a piece that goes into the spring.

Yes, the new style has a follower(tail) to prevent over compressing the spring and keep it straight instead of compressed and twisted like the one on the right.
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zppm40.jpg

It has the same P/N as before and available directly from Savage. I suggest installing a new spring with the ejector.

Bill

gotcha
07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
NICE improvement!

desertdog
07-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Thanks, so does it matter which one I use?
It got stuck and I drilled it out can't tell
Which one I have? Thanks again for info!!

BillPa
07-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Thanks, so does it matter which one I use?
It got stuck and I drilled it out can't tell
Which one I have? Thanks again for info!!

You probably have the old style, the one on the right in the picture I posted. I would think after drilling it out you would have found the follower if it were the new style.

does it matter which one I use?

If you load to the max plus 25% you'll want the new style. If your a conservative reloader then use the new style. :p

BTW, install a new spring. If the old one is semi wreaked either ejector won't work well.

Bill

gotcha
07-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Don't know which cartridge you're shooting. On my Stevens 110 in 6.5X47L originally chambered in .270 I replaced the original spring with a .223 spring. (different part# and tension) The cases no longer eject to the next county but gently "plop" about 2 inches from the action. Just a thought.

desertdog
07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
well, i order the "new style" ejector but they back order the spring!! @am the luck! any ways i all so order the bolt head but it didn't match? measured the lug old bolt is
.435 the new one is .500? i managed to screw up the hole for the ejector when i drilled it lol!! the cal. 300 savage. so that bolt head wont work? any thoughts would be great?? thanks for the help!! starting to think i got a bolt head for long action?