PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Stevens model 311E 410 gauge double barrel w/3" chamber.

badger1313
07-08-2014, 03:07 PM
I just came into possession of a Savage Arms Stevens model 311E 410 gauge double barrel w/3" chambers SN: A5039xx. I am in need of any and all info available on it [i.e. owners manual, breakdown and cleaning instructions, manufacture date etc.]. The Savage Arms web site was no help at all. It is in good shape mechanically but has a lot of rust on the exterior [does not appear to show any pitting yet] and some on the interior. I see no rust in the barrells just some carbon. My biggest concern is learning how to break it down as far as possible to get to the internal rust before any pitting. I am the type of person that likes to have documentation on everything I own. Thank you in advance for any assistance in this matter.

Mad Dog
07-09-2014, 08:51 PM
About all I can do for you is tell you it was made in 1970 but if you find a 1970 Savage Arms catalog on Ebay or somewhere it will answer the rest of your questions.

badger1313
07-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Thank you Mad Dog. Depending on what detail a catalog will show, I may have to take it to an armorer for breakdown and cleaning.