PDA

View Full Version : new national record set with savage rifle.

stomp442
07-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Interesting read that I thought I would share.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2014/07/new-200-30x-national-record-set-with-pre-fit-criterion-barrel/

LoneWolf
07-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Pretty impressive.

stomp442
07-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Yep bet it really grinded the gears of those guys with much more expensive rigs.

chukarmandoo
07-08-2014, 09:23 AM
In the sprite of giving credit where credit is due the shooter probably could have used another rifle with the same or better results. It does make a nice story for the "Barrel Nuts". All I can say is Wow what a shooter!

barrel-nut
07-08-2014, 10:50 AM
In the sprite of giving credit where credit is due the shooter probably could have used another rifle with the same or better results. It does make a nice story for the "Barrel Nuts". All I can say is Wow what a shooter!

If you click on the Criterion press release linked in the comments, you'll find that the shooter is indeed a 20+ year competitor with many victories. But (according to Criterion anyway), he claims to have never had a barrel that shot as well as the Criterion. National Records aren't set by just any old shooter, nor by just any old rifle. Both must be exceptional.
And yes, this is inspirational to this Savage/Criterion owner and "barrel nut"! Shows that the home gunsmith can compete at the highest level, provided he has shooting skills as well.

yobuck
07-09-2014, 09:55 AM
All of the above is very true, and both the shooter and the equiptment used deserve the praises they receive.
One thing else is also true and thats the old cliche thats says, (Some days you gits da bear and some days da bear gits you)
Its now somebody else's turn to git da bear. For sure the rail has been raised and thats a good thing for consumers.