PDA

View Full Version : 25/06 on prairie dogs ?

Pages : 1 [2]

Three44s
04-03-2010, 03:34 PM
WELL ........ that's enough to make me scuttle my plans on a .416 Taylor build!

And my 9mm Kel Tec may just have to go on the auction block!

Got any more bad news while you're at it???

LOL!!

Three 44s

Blue Avenger
04-03-2010, 04:50 PM
416 is an easy wild cat, stout punch to the shoulder though. 12 rounds through my unbraked striker is about it for me, but that is more then the rifle at the bench for me LOL

Apache
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM
416 would make decent PD medicine if you're close enough. Say.......3 yards maybe? But the forward momentum of a charging bull will still make it to you....and he'll still have plenty of life in him to give you a really good mauling!

Don't even think of a head shot with something that small. It'll just make him madder!

borg
04-03-2010, 08:12 PM
They've got that honeycombed skull. I generally shoot osmium solids for penetration.

Three44s
04-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Actually a neighbor brought his .416 Taylor a few weeks ago and it looks like it would unearth sage rats .......

The trouble is ...... then, unearthed ......... they are so VERY MAD!

And they charge from any distance to knaw the underwear off ya!

The neighbor went home ...... naked, bloody .......... and embarrassed!

He was so DISTRAUGHT ...... he nearly left his rifle behind ...... but I could not have resisted the temptation to try Sage Rats with it so ........ (better judgement won out) I insisted he take his big bore home!

Three 44s

lostart
04-24-2010, 12:40 AM
::)Here we go again! ;D

Three44s
04-24-2010, 10:33 AM
I lost a lot of sleep last night thunkin' on this one ........

....... had to stand guard in the corner of the bedroom with a 12 ga. 870 loaded to the hilt with 00 buck in case a sage rat come a sneekin' and chargin' .......

....... the pink ones are nocturnal ya know.

And it seems to me that we need a whole new class of weapons now.

For if we are tyin' up our bear meds on sage rats and PD's and such ........

.......... What's left for the bruins ...... I mean real bears?

Them's predators too ya know and they respond to our coyote and PD calls!

What then?

(A Sixteen inch gun from the USS Missourri?)

Can some one come and spell me ...........

.......... I need some sleep!

Three 44s

BrentWin
04-28-2010, 12:39 PM
This fortunate gnawing survivor is alive today, only due to the quick thinking of his gun barer. The victim was knocked from his feet by a charging bull and he lost grip of his 470 NE double rifle. The barer, reacting quickly, picked up the rifle and with his second shot killed the marauding bull. Unfortunately, his first shot shattered both of the victims ankles, requiring extensive reconstructive surgery.

He is however alive to tell the story.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/brentwin/ankle.jpg

Apache
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Very fortunate dude!!!