PDA

View Full Version : Available options?

reynoldsfamily3
07-06-2014, 05:08 PM
I need a stock for a Stevens LA center feed action. I prefer a vertical grip, and want to add a DBM probably CDI; so I need it inlet for a DBM. Price is important I can't spend $800+ on just the stock.

The only option I can find is a Boyds Tacticool. I live in south west Texas so moisture is not much of a problem so I won't rule out a wood stock. Choate doesn't make a LA center feed with DBM. Stockade Gun Stocks doesn't have a DBM and CDI does not want to do the in-letting on these stocks. McMillan is out of my price range, but they don't have a LA, center feed, DBM stock anyway. Stockys doesn't list anything that meets my needs.

I'm sure I am missing some other good stock makers out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Savage6x284
07-08-2014, 04:22 PM
I need a stock for a Stevens LA center feed action. I prefer a vertical grip, and want to add a DBM probably CDI; so I need it inlet for a DBM. Price is important I can't spend $800+ on just the stock.

The only option I can find is a Boyds Tacticool. I live in south west Texas so moisture is not much of a problem so I won't rule out a wood stock. Choate doesn't make a LA center feed with DBM. Stockade Gun Stocks doesn't have a DBM and CDI does not want to do the in-letting on these stocks. McMillan is out of my price range, but they don't have a LA, center feed, DBM stock anyway. Stockys doesn't list anything that meets my needs.

I'm sure I am missing some other good stock makers out there. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Only you can determine whether the $500-$600 for a McMillan is out of your price range but I assure you that McMillan can and will inlet for your desired configuration.
I'd wager that they already have the program in their database. If not however you just let them know exactly what stuff you're using and they'll write a program.
You may get charged ($50 iirc) for a setup/programming fee if they think they'll never use the program again.
Like I said, I'll bet they already have the program though.

reynoldsfamily3
07-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Good to know that they have options other than what they have listed onnline. I will get in touch and see what they say.

Thanks

Jwp2578
07-08-2014, 08:13 PM
You can buy a Choate and have it inlet for the CDI and be money ahead. They are stout and look decent if you paint them.

reynoldsfamily3
07-08-2014, 09:29 PM
When I contacted CDI they said to get a stock inlet for DBM then they would inlet for their bottom metal. I thought the Choate stocks were blind mag only. If I can make one work I will be good to go.

ttfreestyle
07-08-2014, 10:09 PM
I have a Manners with dbm and love it, yes it was higher than I ever paid for a stock but my groups and comfort with this stock are worth it to me. Like others have said, only you can decide what to pay. H S precision also makes a vertical grip for the long action with dbm, Stockys carries it (m24 I think is what it is called and has alum bedding). Good luck.

Jwp2578
07-08-2014, 10:44 PM
True Choate only makes blind mag long actions I have a friend that had his inlet for the factory dbm so I figured CDI could do it too.

reynoldsfamily3
07-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Thanks, I'll be in touch and ask specifically if they will inlet the Choate stock.