PDA

View Full Version : Outa Box 10fp-sr .223 issues

CTsavage
07-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Recently i just bought a new in box 10fp-sr in .223.. decided to make a fun cheap little range "sniper". i go today to sight it in and shoot it for first time.. load it up, put crosshair on target pull trigger click no boom. the primer isnt being struck by firing pin. Has anyone ever had this issue with a new savage or any rifle? the reviews for the rifle are all fantastic so im rather surprised and a little sad to be honest.

bootsmcguire
07-05-2014, 03:32 PM
That is certainly an issue. First thing I would do is remove the bolt and move the round button to the lowest position, that will let the pin fall to the fired position and see if it is protruding from the bolt face. You may just have a broken or mis-adjusted pin. Remember that you will have to use a table edge and re-cock the bolt by moving the round button make up to the top position before re-inserting the bolt back into the action.

short round
07-05-2014, 05:49 PM
If this rifle has Accutrigger, the Blade needs to be pressed to the rear, towards the trigger. If the trigger is pressed before the blade, the rifle will click & sound like it fired, but the blade stops the sear.

CTsavage
07-05-2014, 11:36 PM
boots i will do that and see... and short round i took that into consideration and made sure to take my time and squeeze right through the accutrigger each time.

CTsavage
07-05-2014, 11:46 PM
boots it would seem and im no gunsmith.. that the firing pin is only sticking out half as far as the injector pin. im not 100 % if that's correct or not im trying to find out im gonna go pull my book out and see and use the internet.

CTsavage
07-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Ok so i did some reading and exploring and im pretty sure i got it figured out. K so i got a warren rail mount for the scope and the front two screws were sticking through just a little so i ground them a little shorter.. then i took a round pulled the bullet out and emptied the powder and did a test and sure enough firing pin hit primer flawlessly. i believe the 2nd screw in front was sticking through just enough to fudge up the headspace. Either way i wanna thank the people who responded. And i wanna compliment this forum from my probing around its a great collection of knowledge i'm so glad i found it.

Rick_W
07-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Good job!

bootsmcguire
07-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Congrats. It feels good to be able to do it yourself doesn't it?

This is a great forum and I am glad to be a part of it and most people here are more than eager to help.