PDA

View Full Version : sharp shooter supply

jacob525
06-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Hey guys! Haven't been on in a while. Wanted to check in with y'all and see if anyone know wtf is going on with SSS. I ordered a bolt knob and had a bolt fluted MONTHS ago. Got the bolt back pretty quick but it had a note that said they were out of stock and I can't get in touch with anyone. Can't get anyone to answer the phone or respond to emails. Since ordering I've changed addresses (to give you an idea of how long I didn't anticipate selling my house and buying a new one when I ordered these) but have no idea where the knob is. I emailed a couple weeks ago asking for a refund and once again... No response. I've bought several items from them but this will be my last dealings with them. Anyone have any idea or have the same problem?

Dennis
06-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Jacob, I know for a fact the knobs are on backorder. They have been busting at the seams like every other gun supply company. What people don't know is SSS has suppliers not filling their orders. They have items that have been on backorder since last year!

I know Lisa averages about 5,000 emails per month not including replies. Yes, 5,000 and it all she can do to try and keep up. I have done business with them for a long time. Fred is one of the best and quality takes time. I really don't see how she does her job.

Hopefully this helps out, feel free to PM me if needed. But this subject seems to come up every month now as most members know.

Dennis

Spectre236
06-27-2014, 08:28 PM
+1 Well said Dennis - In my dealings with SSS I have found Lisa easy to deal with on email and goes out of her way to ship in stock items as fast as possible. Out of stock items have a reason and I just wait until the item shows up in the mail. Lot of items can not be found else where and I have never heard any gripes at all about quality on any item made by SSS.

drybean
06-27-2014, 10:13 PM
+ 3

Stockrex
06-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Back before the CT gun rush, I ordered a RRA A2 upper, it took many months to show up at my door.
SSS like other shops do batch runs, just be patient and you "will" get your part.

jpdown
06-28-2014, 12:05 AM
I understand your frustration. I placed an order last November and I got a note from Lisa with part of my order saying the SSS tactical bolt handle was on backorder. This has happened before with SSS orders, especially it seems in the past two years. SSS bolt handles are always out of stock due to the growing number of Savage fans. Lisa usually fills backorders in a timely fashion. So, I waited patiently until March and sent several emails asking for an update on the status of the SSS bolt handle since I was beginning to think the order had been lost. I finally got a response from Lisa saying she would look into it. I waited another month but I never got a response. I finally sent another email in May with my credit card statement and order form from last November politely asking for the bolt handle, or a refund. Lisa replied quickly and said she would send a refund. I got a refund a few days later. SSS aftermarket parts for the Savage IMO are the best. But I'll also look for another source in the future.

Dennis
06-28-2014, 01:14 AM
SSS aftermarket parts for the Savage IMO are the best. But I'll also look for another source in the future.

I also wish there was another source. I would probably buy them out.

Most gun part manufactures are filling their contract companies orders, leaving the people like us out of the picture. Savage alone sold more than a million rifles last year, just rifles. Just making a point. Then think of the rest of the gun manufacturers out there. Were talking about millions of small parts required to complete a pistol, rifle, and other types of guns. Forget about the needed repair parts demand gunsmiths are faced to deal with. Most are making their own parts when they have to. I know of a few people that they were told to buy another gun as the parts cost to repair would exceed the current selling price of their product. This statement came direct from the manufacturer.

We thought by now things would slow down. Wrong, it's still increasing! One well known rifle company today wishes they had about 2,000,000 triggers on hand, and the personnel to replace them. I feel for them as handling 2,000,000 rifles, shipping, paperwork, required space for the rifles, etc. is more than a nightmare, putting it nicely. Remember, we are talking about parts demand only.

I am just trying to make a point about the supply and demand we are faced with. The numbers are staggering. Have you tried to order Berger Bullets lately. We wont get into the powder shortage either.

Dennis

J.Baker
07-06-2014, 08:50 PM
IIRC Fred has Thompson Center's casting company doing his bolt handles. The problem is that TC also does a large majority of the parts casting for many of the major gun manufacturers. Fred's "small" orders of 500 or 1,000 pieces aren't worth TC's time right now to change over a machine for a half or full day to run his parts when they have orders for tens or hundreds of thousands of pieces from the big boys. Bigger/more profitable orders will always take priority in the casting business.

jacob525
07-06-2014, 09:32 PM
I' understand the supply and demand.... That's off topic. Why after five or more emails, phone calls and a refund request can nobody to me.

sparky123321
07-07-2014, 08:33 AM
I used SSS for years and had a very good relationship with them. Unfortunately, I finally had to gave up on them after waiting right around a year for a stock I was told would only take 3 months or less and this was way before the big rushes we've experienced since Obama. Unless you have a year or more to wait don't bother. I'm always surprised when I see this topic come up over and over again. I've heard every excuse known to man used to defend SSS, but for how long can people defend their business practices. Would you continue to do business with a roofer, plumber, electrician, doctor, landscaper, surgeon, accountant, banker, mechanic, pharmacist, restaurant, etc, etc that gave you an estimated delivery time for goods or services and then took 3, 4 or even 5 times that amount of time to fulfill their commitment to you. If they were at least honest about their delivery times and responded to customer inquiries I might possibly still be doing business with them. How tough would it be to hire a part-time high school or college kid to respond to emails and phone inquiries especially from customers that have already placed an order, been charged for it and are long past the delivery date they were promised.

DennisPA
07-07-2014, 01:09 PM
All I know is my wife just hit the 36 week mark waiting on a stock. 7 months past the original due date. She's missed 2 competitions we paid for waiting on this stock. Soon I'm going to end up sleeping on the couch! Because some how it's my fault!

snowgetter1
07-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Sparky hit that nail on the head! I tried them a few times and just moved on.

Dennis
07-09-2014, 05:09 PM
IIRC Fred has Thompson Center's casting company doing his bolt handles. The problem is that TC also does a large majority of the parts casting for many of the major gun manufacturers. Fred's "small" orders of 500 or 1,000 pieces aren't worth TC's time right now to change over a machine for a half or full day to run his parts when they have orders for tens or hundreds of thousands of pieces from the big boys. Bigger/more profitable orders will always take priority in the casting business.

+1 , all small companies have back orders with suppliers.

Handi204
07-12-2014, 09:32 PM
I have had a bolt handle and bolt head order from these people for over a year. I cant even get them to answer an email . Lesson learned but it cost me $ 105.00 I would not recommend anybody to do business with them,
Handi204